The Office of Institutional Diversity and McNair Scholars Program will host their Spring Scholars Colloquia with four sessions in February and a poster session of undergraduate research March 6.
Students from the program’s Cohort 2 will give 10-minute presentations on their research during the colloquia sessions from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 9, 11, 16 and 18 in McNeely Hall, Room 116.
All McNair Scholars will participate in the poster session from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 6. E-mail the McNair Scholars office for location information.
Both the Spring Scholars Colloquia and the poster session are open to the public.
The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair Scholars Program) is designed to encourage first-generation college students from limited income means and students from groups historically underrepresented in higher education to pursue doctoral study.
Spring Scholars Colloquia schedule:
- Sophia Benick, University of St. Thomas
- Erin McDonald, St. Catherine University
- Demar Lewis, University of St. Thomas
- Jennifer Dada Samuel, University of St. Thomas
- Melvina Ketter, St. Catherine University
- Nina Haider, University of St. Thomas
- Lauren Miller, University of St. Thomas
- Isaac Palma Zamora, University of St. Thomas
- Bereket Worku, University of St. Thomas
- Ariel Gittens, Concordia University
- Nkayo Drepaul, Macalester College
- Mohamed Hussein, University of St. Thomas
- William Montes, University of St. Thomas
- Sean Navin, University of St. Thomas
- Pauleen Le, University of St. Thomas
- Sahr Brima, University of St. Thomas
For more information about current scholars, their research topics and faculty mentors, or program information, visit the McNair Scholars Program Web site.