Process for employee reimbursements under $50 has changed
From Accounts Payable
In addition to direct deposit (as mentioned in the article "Accounts Payable initiates direct deposits for employee reimbursements" elsewhere in this Bulletin Today), an additional benefit to employees will be the elimination of the manual reimbursement process for items under $50. Effective July 1, all employee reimbursements under $50 will be processed in Accounts Payable the same way that reimbursements over $50 are processed today. Eliminating the current manual process will provide more efficient processing of expense reimbursements for employees and allow Accounts Payable to streamline its disbursement process and improve its control mechanisms.
- Employees will no longer need to go to the Business Office to process and be reimbursed for expenses under $50.
- Elimination of employee confusion with today’s process of having two reimbursement mechanisms.
- Employees do not have to be on campus in order to receive the reimbursement.
- Better controls and reporting:
- Multiple reimbursements under $50 can be processed under one reimbursement form.
- Multiple receipts for the same trip will be on one reimbursement form.
- Ensure proper approval verification.
- Account codes will be verified for appropriate reporting.
- All expenses will be substantiated prior to reimbursement.
- Appropriate tracking of potential taxable reimbursements.
All reimbursement forms are located on the Accounts Payable Web site.
Fill out the form online and print it out. Attach all original receipts and sign the form. After obtaining the appropriate approval, send in the request to Accounts Payable for processing (Mail #AQU204). Please review the Employee Reimbursement Program for specific policies and procedures.