The Financial Aid Office will be reviewing students' official registrations as of the 10th day of classes (Tuesday, Sept. 20) and will revise financial aid if necessary. Students should be sure that they are officially registered in all of their classes by Sept. 20, including those for which they are waitlisted.
The following is a general guide to how financial aid awards may change based upon a student’s official registration as of the 10th day of classes each semester:
Award that requires 15 or more credits
- Minnesota State Grant – To receive the maximum state grant, recipients must be enrolled in at least 15 credits each semester. Students who are registered for less than 15 credits will have their Minnesota State Grant reduced accordingly.
Awards that require 12 or more credits
- University of St. Thomas grants, scholarships and awards
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal or state work-study
- Private educational loans
- Private scholarships
Students must be officially registered in 12 or more credits per semester to receive their maximum award. Those who are registered for less than 12 credits will have the funds listed above reduced or canceled.
Any UST scholarships or awards that are based on actual tuition will be modified to reflect your actual charges after the 10th day of classes.
For more information on how your registration may affect your financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office, (651) 962-6550.