Welcome to St. Thomas
Please welcome the external organizations holding their summer camps and conferences on the St. Paul campus this week. They include:
- St. Paul Public Schools hosts its Summer Transition Program on campus again this summer beginning Saturday, June 13, for two weeks. Nineteen recent high school graduates with vision impairments will lean skills for independent living such as cooking, laundry, using public transportation, computer skills and looking at career choices. They will reside in Flynn Hall until Saturday, June 27.
- UST coach John Tschida will present his summer baseball and softball instructional league beginning today, June 15, on the south field. More information is available here.
- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Ben Leber will host the annual Vikings' football camp at St. Thomas June 18-21 for youth ages 8 to 18. More information is available here.
- AdvisorNet Financial will conduct a seminar for its clients today, June 15, in the John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts auditorium. Its Web site is https://www.advisornet.com.
- For the third year in a row, the Minnesota-based Sounds of Hope Ltd. will make UST its summer home. This organization produces an annual Songs of Hope project for girls and boys from around the globe. More than a summer camp, Songs of Hope joins young people from many countries. For six weeks, these dynamic communities of young people live and rehearse together to create a music concert that culminates in a nationally recognized concert tour featuring songs and dances from the countries and cultures of the performers. They will reside in John Paul II residence hall. For more information visit: https://www.soundsofhope.org.
For more information regarding these groups, call Dan Taylor, Conference and Event Services, (651) 962-6671.