The campus community is invited to a Christmas Concert by the university's Women’s Chorus on Tuesday, Dec. 6. Directed by Bob Vickery, the performance will take place from noon to 1 p.m. in the O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center rotunda. Join library staff in singing carols and listening to music of the season. Refreshments will be served.
New electronic format – "digital microfilm" for four newspapers
UST Libraries has shifted four newspaper subscriptions from regular reels of microfilm to “digital microfilm.” Access now is live for the New York Times, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Star Tribune and Wall Street Journal. Find the digital microfilm option listed in the A-Z list of journals (“Journals by Title”) on the UST Libraries website.
Reminder: This is not a place to cast a search; rather, it functions just like microfilm – users must have a citation to a date and page and then will be able to preview the page or enlarge just a single article. Individuals also can browse digital microfilm at about the same pace as microfilm reels.
Why digital microfilm is a better format:
- There is no need to come to the library to use it.
- There is no need to use a microfilm machine.
- There is no need for nickels and dimes to print off a page – just use your print allotment or your own printer.
- It can be used from anywhere (including off campus once it is fully set up).
- It’s an opportunity to wrap your head around a new format – digital microfilm. It’s retro and advanced at the same time.
Let the excitement begin!