The Phillips Scholarship is awarded annually to six students from Minnesota’s private colleges and universities who have excellent academic standing and a demonstrated interest in community service. The Center for Intercultural Learning and Community Engagement (CILCE) nominates one UST student annually to compete against nominees from 16 other schools for the awards.
- Current sophomore
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Demonstrated financial need
- History of participation in campus activities
- Have an interest in community service and volunteering
Each applicant must propose a service project for summer 2013 that benefits a local community. Phillips Scholars receive financial support for their junior and senior years, along with a stipend and funding to complete their service project.
Each Phillips Scholar receives:
- $6,000 scholarship for their junior year,
- $6,000 scholarship for their senior year,
- $4,000 stipend for summer 2013, and
- $500 of project-resource funding.
The scholarships from the Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation are administered through the Minnesota Private College Fund.
The UST Phillips Scholarship application is available online here or for pick-up outside the CILCE Center in Room 153, Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Applications are due Friday, Nov. 18.
For more information visit the Minnesota’s Private Colleges website or contact CILCE, (651) 962-6800.