UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- “Gospel truths about St. Thomas,” Business Week Online, Aug. 9, 2005. Here’s a profile about the UST MBA program in MBA Insider, an online feature introducing business education programs. https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/aug2005/bs2005089_7954_bs037.htm
- “IP move to Tennessee would break promise,” Stamford (Conn.) Advocate, Aug. 13, 2005. “‘The ethical principles have to do with promise-keeping and fidelity of commitment,’ said Kenneth Goodpaster, professor of business ethics at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis.” https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/local/scn-sa-ip5aug13,0,7753941.story?coll=stam-news-local-headlines
- “Back to school for small businesses,” Forbes, Aug. 19, 2005. “The University of St. Thomas College of Business in Minneapolis-St. Paul seeks to bridge the gap between town and gown with projects designed to give students hands-on experience in the real world and to turn the school into a resource for business leaders.” https://www.forbes.com/smallbusiness/2005/08/18/MBA-smallbusiness-entrepreneurs-cx_sr_0818smallbizmba05mba.html
- Carlson School rises in ranking,” Star Tribune, Aug. 20, 2005. “Meanwhile, the business-education arms race will get hotter next month when the University of St. Thomas opens a second graduate business school building on its downtown Minneapolis campus. …” https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5569911.html
- “David Walsh,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 21, 2005. The president of the National Institute on Media and the Family has a master’s degree in psychology from St. Thomas. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/columnists/12428316.htm
- “Ex-South St. Paul football coach dies,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 21, 2005. Steve Silianoff “retired from coaching at South St. Paul in 1972 but served as an assistant at St. Thomas College (now the University of St. Thomas) for the next 10 years.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/12435590.htm
- “Hall of fame nominees underscore Minnesota 's running tradition,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 21, 2005. Among coaches and administrators nominated this year was Larry Russ, University of St. Thomas cross-country coach from 1969 to 1993. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/bruce_brothers/12420283.htm
- “Small Business: Let's Dish is serving up success,” Star Tribune, Aug. 22, 2005. The entrepreneurs who founded Let’s Dish, which operates stores where customers make family meals, “had much in common – two children each, homes in Savage, management jobs and graduate studies at the University of St. Thomas College of Business.” https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5569613.html
- “Business judgment revisited,” Star Tribune, Aug. 22, 2005. Here’s a letter to the business pages about executive compensation from Dr. Fred Zimmerman of the UST School of Engineering. https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5567638.html
- “Errands for boss: Job description or conscription?” Star Tribune, Aug. 22, 2005. “‘There are different norms with government agencies,’ said Bob Shoemake of the Center for Ethical Business Cultures at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis. ‘Corporations often have somebody whose job it is to help an executive with personal matters.’” https://www.startribune.com/stories/1592/5571777.html
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, Aug. 22, 2005. In this weekly column, faculty from the UST College of Business provide answers to business-related questions. https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5568268.html
- “Roberts faces abortion test,” LegalTimes.com, Aug. 22, 2005. Teresa Collett of the UST School of Law is quoted. https://www.law.com/jsp/dc/PubArticleDC.jsp?id=1124442316915&hub=TopStories
- “Vision required to add engineers in Minnesota,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 23, 2005 . School of Engineering dean Dr. Ronald Bennett is the author of this op-ed piece. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/opinion/12448138.htm
- “Sea of faith washing over the workplace,” Star Tribune, Aug. 25, 2005. “Courts all the way up to the Supreme Court have defined some standards, said Thomas Berg, a professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law who has researched and written about religious speech in the workplace.” https://www.startribune.com/stories/163/5577806.html
- Mark Ahrens, who runs National Youth Sports Program at St. Thomas, was interviewed Aug. 25, 2005 , by WCCO Radio’s Pat Miles about future funding for the program. (Not available online.)
- “Thrifty Thursday brings out bargain hunters,” KARE-11 News, Aug. 25, 2005. KARE-11 TV checked out the free tote bags at UST’s S
tate Fair booth. Watch video here: https://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=105635