UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you're welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries' Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- "Dylan now 'Tangled up' in Pulitzer honors," KARE-TV, April 8, 2008. And UST's Dr. Andy Scheiber, English Department, couldn't be more pleased. https://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=505972
- "Time running out in fight for embryos," Houston (Texas) Chronicle, April 11, 2008. Teresa Collett of the School of Law faculty is quoted. https://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/5688509.html
- "IC chooses Rochon as 8th president," Ithaca (N.Y.) Journal, April 12, 2008. https://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080412/NEWS01/804120342
- "University of St. Thomas VP named president of New York college," Star Tribune, April 11, 2008. https://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/17552974.html
- See also: "St. Thomas executive VP going to Ithaca (N.Y.) College," Star Tribune, April 12, 2008. https://www.startribune.com/local/17551969.html
- "Tutu brings message of peace to Minneapolis," Star Tribune, April 12, 2008. " Tutu's visit was moved to Metropolitan State University after the University of St. Thomas decided against inviting the Nobel laureate, citing concerns about past critical comments Tutu made regarding Israel's treatment of Palestinians. … " https://www.startribune.com/local/17569369.html
- "Did St. Thomas reject a group, a speaker - or range of ideas?" Star Tribune, April 14, 2008. Columnist Katherine Kersten poses the question. https://www.startribune.com/local/17648494.html
- "Hiawatha Flats II is underway," Star Tribune, April 14, 2008. Business development columnist Susan Feyder also notes, "The University of St. Thomas plans to offer a program this year designed to prepare members of minority groups for careers in commercial real estate." https://www.startribune.com/business/17563799.html
- "Ask a consultant," Star Tribune, April 14, 2008. Here's the weekly business-advice column featuring experts from UST's Opus College of Business. https://www.startribune.com/business/17480979.html
- "Loose Leaves," Irish Times, April 12, 2008. " Pat Boran joins illustrious list: Poet and editor Pat Boran was due to receive this year's Lawrence O'Shaughnessy Award for Poetry from the University of St Thomas Center for Irish Studies in St Paul, Minnesota, last night. Boran is the 12th Irish poet to be given the honour and the latest on a distinguished list of winners that includes Dennis O'Driscoll, Eavan Boland, John F Deane, Peter Sirr, Frank Ormsby, Thomas McCarthy, Michael Coady, and Kerry Hardie. The $5,000 (€3,156) award is named after Lawrence O'Shaughnessy, who taught English at St Thomas from 1948 to 1950 and is the retired head of the IA O'Shaughnessy Foundation. Portlaoise-born Boran gave a reading on the university campus and also takes part in a public interview with American poet Jim Moore of Hamline University, Finding the Universal of the Local. Boran's collections include The Unwound Clock and New and Selected Poems." https://www.ireland.com
- "3 Minnesota college presidents heading east to see the pope," Star Tribune, April 15, 2008. https://www.startribune.com/local/17735934.html
- "Minn. students to travel to NYC to see Pope," KSTP-TV, April 15, 2008. https://kstp.com/article/stories/s412123.shtml?v=1